Balfa Historic Bikes
These are bikes that put Balfa on the cycling industry map. They are pre-BB7 models, so BB7 Model history is a natural continuation of this page.
- Year 1994;
- Produced for 7 years;
- Originally a downhill racing bike, then it became enduro/XC frame in 1995;
- 6" (152 mm) of travel (in 1994!);
- 4" (100 mm) of travel (and aluminum front end) in 2001 XC model;
- URT (Unified Rear Triangle) suspension design (one of the first on the market).
- Year 1995;
- Produced for 4 years;
- Designed as a downhill bike after switching the Wooly Bully into more XC-friendly;
- Made entirely of Cr-Mo steel;
- Aluminium front end added in 1998 (for the first time in Balfa Cycles);
- URT (Unified Rear Triangle) suspension design.
- Year 1998;
- World Champion and Canada Cup Champion bike in 2000;
- Described as a "competition-eating-monster-bike";
- 9" (228 mm) of travel;
- Originally made of Cr-Mo steel, then aluminum front end was added;
- High pivot suspension design.